04 February 2010

Not the same old thong & dance..

According to Cosmo, the thong is out of style, unfashionable, overrated. In the 90's, the thong was queen of the panty world. Today, however, it has fallen from grace and apparently been replaced by a fairly recent creation, the boyshort (today's biggest seller). Why has everyone so cruelly turned on the thong, the woman's long-time friend? It feels wrong to just leave it out in the cold and replace it with a newer, trendier model. Well, the Cosmo experts say that it accentuates the booty, something that some of us without a visible back-end could really use. I must admit, they're not kidding. Even I look like I have a badunkadunk with no pants on!

However, to say that the thong does nothing for me would be untrue. Although it may not accentuate my booty, it's become a long-time friend of mine. The first time I bought a thong, I wasn't a kid anymore--I felt like a woman. It was a growing experience for me, a step to maturity (at least clothing-wise). I may have looked like a pre-teen to everyone else, but I had a little secret that only I knew.

Let Cosmo say what they will. As outdated as they may be, I refuse to give them up. My personal thong collection is irreplaceable. Call me old-fashioned!

[photos from google.com]

1 comment:

anne charlotte said...

thanks for visiting my blog! i love the way you write...but must admit, i am on the boy-shorts bandwagon. never been a thong girl. love that pink one though!