18 February 2010

Irish coffee, frisky felines & ghostly encounters?


Earlier this evening, after time spent in the library being unusually productive, my friend Heather and I decided to grab something to eat on the way home. Then, we were hit with a fantastic idea! We decided to stop in at Pete's pub, which just so happened to be on the way to the eating establishment we were headed to, to have an irish coffee. I had been dying to try one ever since I'd heard about them a few weeks ago. Being the coffee addict/fanatic/enthusiast that I am, I could barely contain my excitement and didn't mind spending a whopping $12.50 on two standard-sized cups.

When our irish coffees came out, however, we were a little more than shocked. We were appalled. Where was the cream (obviously the best part!)? It definitely didn't look like any irish coffee I'd seen pictured on the internet. We didn't want to waste though, so we decided to take a sip, despite its grim appearance.. BAD idea. Where do I start? There was absolutely no sugar, a necessary ingredient (check wikipedia). Furthermore, you couldn't really taste any of the coffee over the whiskey (Can I have some coffee with my whiskey, please?). It was quite possible to get drunk off of the awful excuse-for-a-drink just by inhaling. And to be honest, I'm not the biggest whiskey fan. Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed. The end.

On a totally different note, the alley beside my apartment seems to be housing a feline who has exceptional time-telling abilities. Every night between the hours of four and five am, he moans and howls at the top of his lungs. Some nights, he fights with something (however, I can only hear one cat-- weird). Others nights, he sounds like he's in heat (maybe he is actually a she!!!). I don't know why this particular stray has chosen my alley or why it proceeds to make its presence known at such an odd hour. However, I am impressed by its exceptional ability to keep track of time.. though it's insanely creepy. I would like to suggest honing its natural abilities to make myself a back-up alarm clock.. because everyone knows I like to sleep through my morning classes. Oops!

Lastly, I would like to mention the fact that my apartment is haunted. At least I'm convinced it is. I am exceptionally good about saving electricity, turning off the water, locking the door-- stuff like that. Those are things that I do not forget to do. So, it was very unfortunate when I walked into my bathroom last night to brush my teeth and my sink was going full blast. You're thinking that I must've forgotten to turn it off after my last bathroom trip. Nope, that's not it. I'd actually spent some time in my kitchen, which is right next to the bathroom, only a few moments before and I did not hear any running water. So how did this happen? Excellent question. I'm still trying to figure that out myself since my faucets are old and hard to turn on and off. It couldn't possibly have slipped on.

So you think I'm crazy, right? Things go bump in the night. Big deal. But there are just too many unexplainable events that have occurred in my apartment over the past few months. Right now, sitting alone in my shadowy living room, I'd rather not think about it.

[photos from google.com]

3 comments:

IRK3N said...

The Irish coffee was so disappointing!! We'll need to either find a place that knows how to make it correctly, or just make it ourselves.

Also, totally didn't read the spooky part, that kinda stuff gives me nightmares ;o;

Brookie Lynnette said...

Hahaha.. imagine how I feel when I'm trying to sleep and things keep happening! I keep my ipod on so I can't hear things.. except for that darn cat!

And, yes. We will most definitely find someone who can make a real irish coffee. I refuse to give up on it just yet!!!

Danie Marie said...

there are ghosts in my house, too!! i was in my basement a few nights ago & i actually saw a white transparent shadow-type thing move in front of me. first time i've ever actually jumped out of my seat... crazy
<3