23 March 2010

In memory of an unidentified flying feline (UFF).

I think it's important to take a moment to reflect on the lost life of a UFF. Though we may not have known him, I'm sure his life must have been meaningful. He probably made some little child very, very happy for some time, short as it may have been. HOWEVER, a child will never have the chance to cuddle with that particular kitty again because I RAN OVER HIM WITH MY CAR!!!

It's a strange story, really. Here I was minding my own business, driving down the Johnstown expressway. Having the need for speed, I decided to pass the slowpoke ahead of me. So, I move into the left lane. And right as I am wedged in between the cement divider on my left and the slowpoke on my right, something flies over the cement divider. Yes, it flew. Unfortunately, the landing wasn't quite as smooth as the flight. The kitty landed right under my tire on the passenger's side of my car. This, I am sure of.

The last thing I saw before I felt the bump was an erect tail and four graceful legs sailing through the air. What a horrific night.

Rest in Pieces, UFF. :(

No comments: